Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting Started

        This blog has sat for some time. Stewing, forming, taking shape? Like many unformed, uncertain tasks, I have done everything else in the meantime. It’s been a good busy with much accomplished. Yet, the “SweetSpot” has lurked, hung over my head, gently called, patiently waited its turn. And it’s not been forgotten, which is not always the case.

        Questions arise, “Am I avoiding this?... Is this some sort of writer’s block?... What do I have to say?... Is there a right time to start?... What’s the rush?... hmm, questions of timing, when will this come together?... enough to start, at least?... and bubbling, less formed, is some sort of tension, that I don’t stay with, but it moves me to action, lots of other things need doing.

        I suppose people might converge into some limited set of types as far as getting started. And I suspect, without bringing details to mind, that I “get started” in some different ways depending on the nature of what I’m starting. A master of the Urgent & Structured, sure, but the other end of the scale seems to drift, dissolve into shadow, unknown space and mist...

        “But, why don’t you just set a goal, pick a direction and start?? Why make something simple, difficult?”

No comments:

Post a Comment